WILL AND ESTATE GIFTS
Have you made a provision for VNA Health in your will or trust – or would you like information on how to do this through a charitable remainder trust, annuity, or other planned giving vehicle? Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
- Simplicity. Just a few sentences in your will or trust are needed. The official bequest language for VNA Health Foundation is:
“I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give to VNA Health Foundation [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose (or for the support of a specific fund or program).”
- Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility. You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to VNA Health.
- Tax Relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.
CONSIDER PLANNED GIVING IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- IRA/Retirement Pension
- Insurance Policy
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
Please see below-suggested language for basic inclusions of VNA Health in your will or estate plan. The VNA Health Foundation tax identification number is 77-0342043.
RESIDUAL GIFT LANGUAGE
A residual bequest comes to us after your estate expenses and specific bequests are paid:
I give to VNA Health Foundation (Tax ID #77-0342043) all (or state a percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific fund or program).
SPECIFIC GIFT LANGUAGE
Naming VNA Health Foundation as a beneficiary of a specific amount, or for a specific purpose from your estate, is easy:
I give to VNA Health Foundation (Tax ID #77-0342043) the sum of $___________ (or asset) to be used for its general support, or for the support of a specific fund or program. If at any time, in the judgment of the Board of Directors of VNA Health Foundation, it is impossible or impracticable to carry out exactly the designated purpose, it shall determine an alternative purpose closest to the designated purpose.
CONTINGENT GIFT LANGUAGE
VNA Health Foundation can receive a portion of your estate if your named beneficiary does not survive you:
If (insert name) does not survive me, I give to VNA Health Foundation (Tax ID #77-0342043) the sum of $ _______ (or all or a percentage of the residue of my estate) to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific fund or program).
RETIREMENT PLAN BENEFICIARY LANGUAGE
You may name VNA Health Foundation (Tax ID #77-0342043) as a beneficiary of your IRA or other qualified retirement plans such as a 401(k), 403(b), IRA, Keogh or profit-sharing pension plan for significant tax savings. It can be costly to pass such assets on to heirs because of heavy tax consequences. By naming VNA Health Foundation as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, the donor maintains complete control over the asset while living, but at the donor’s death the plan passes to support our mission of compassionate and trusted care for all free of both estate and income taxes.
Making a charitable gift from your retirement plan is easy and should not cost you any attorney fees. Simply request a change-of-beneficiary form from your plan administrator.
Please contact the VNA Health Foundation at 805-690-6290 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss planned gifts and our Samaritan Society.
* Disclaimer – The options and definitions provided are general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. Prospective donors are urged to consult their personal tax, financial, and/or legal advisors concerning the specific consequences of making these types of gifts to VNA Health Foundation.