What is Hospice?
Hospice care is expert medical care and an insured medical benefit.
Hospice care is a professional medical specialty and a benefit under Medicare, Medi-Cal, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and most private insurances. For eligible patients, VNA Health accepts Medicare as full coverage for at-home hospice care, which means there are no additional copays.
Your primary physician may continue to be your doctor and help give direction for your Plan of Care. Your VNA Health Care Team works closely with your doctor to provide expert medical care, pain and symptom relief, and emotional and spiritual support customized to your needs and wishes.
- Hospice Physician Board Certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine who builds the Plan of Care.
- Clinical Manager organizes and directs hospice services to meet your needs.
- Registered Nurse specializing in pain and symptom relief, and is on call 24-hours a day.
- Medical Social Worker who provides counseling and coordinates resources to support the patient and family.
- Chaplains available to serve the spiritual needs of you and your family.
- Home Health Aide who offers assistance with bathing and gentle personal care.
- Certified Music Therapist who offers a personalized program at the bedside.
- Integrative Therapist who provides gentle, comforting treatments that aid in relaxation.
- Hospice Trained Volunteers who provide conversation, companionship, and run errands.
- Bereavement Counselor who provides support and counseling for you and your loved ones.
For more information, simply call a VNA Health Hospice Care Manager anytime at 805.965.5555.