A place like home.
VNA Health is proud to offer our Serenity House as a unique option in end-of-life care for hospice patients whose needs cannot be met at home. Patients are cared for in a tranquil and homelike setting. Each private room allows patients to be surrounded by loved ones throughout their time with us.
Our Serenity House team includes physicians, all of whom are board certified in hospice & palliative medicine, nurse practitioners, registered & licensed vocational nurses, home health aides, medical social workers, bereavement counselors, chaplains, pet therapists, a certified music therapist, a registered dietitian, a chef, and specially trained volunteers.
Our Patient Care Priorities
Our Special Offerings
- Honor the values and decisions of our patients.
- Provide comfort by relieving pain and managing other complex symptoms.
- Support our patients and their families, as they address emotional, spiritual, and practical concerns through our Bereavement Services.
- Integrative Therapies include soothing practices such as guided imagery, gentle reflexology, mindfulness practice, reiki and aromatherapy. These therapies increase comfort and provide a sense of well-being.
- Through a variety of music experiences, our Music Therapy Program provides support to patients, family members, and loved ones, helping to reduce stress, improve relaxation, and decrease physical pain and discomfort.
- Through our We Honor Veterans program, we offer a Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program to match hospice volunteers who are veterans with patients who are also veterans.
Cost of Care
We work closely with health insurance plans, Medicare, CenCal (MediCal) to maximize the portion that insurance covers. Serenity House room and board is not generally covered by Medicare or insurance. If qualified, subsidized care is offered on a sliding fee scale. Our charitable mission ensures that those who cannot afford are not turned away.
Visiting Serenity House
- Enter Serenity House through the elevator in our parking garage.
- Visitors with any cold, flu, or COVID symptoms cannot enter Serenity House.
- Runny nose or sneezing
- Coughing or sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Pain with deep breathing
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- New GI issues like soft stool or stomach cramps
- For further assistance, please call 805-617-7777.
Take a digital Video Tour of Serenity House. Just click the "play" icon below.
Serenity House tours and consultations are offered at no cost any day of the week. Call 805.617.7777 to schedule your visit.