MANDATORY COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
AS OF APRIL 1, 2021: For the health and safety of Serenity House patients, visitors and staff, we are…
- Limiting visitation hours to 10 AM to 6 PM
- Limiting the number of visitors to 2 guests per room per day. Requests for outdoor visitation are managed individually. One guest may stay overnight for patients who are actively at end-of-life.
- Requiring all visitors to be screened prior to entering
- Requiring temperature checks of all visitors prior to entering
- Requiring all visitors to clean their hands prior to entering
- Requiring all visitors to wear a mask – even if vaccinated
- RESTRICTING visitors with any of the following symptoms. If you have any of these, we CANNOT permit you to enter.
- Temperature of 100.4°F
- Runny nose or sneezing
- Coughing or sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Pain with deep breathing
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- New GI issues like soft stool or stomach cramps
Thank you for your understanding. Please know that we are implementing this safety measure in the spirit of being respectfully cautious to proactively slow the spread of COVID-19 for the well-being of your loved one and our community.
TO REQUEST ENTRY CALL 805-617-7777
A place like home.
VNA Health is proud to offer our Serenity House as a unique option in end-of-life care for hospice patients whose needs cannot be met at home. Patients are cared for in a tranquil and homelike setting. Each private room allows patients to be surrounded by loved ones throughout their time with us.
Our Serenity House team includes physicians, all of whom are board certified in hospice & palliative medicine, nurse practitioners, registered & licensed vocational nurses, home health aides, medical social workers, bereavement counselors, chaplains, pet therapists, a certified music therapist, a registered dietitian, a chef, and specially trained volunteers.
Our Patient Care Priorities
Our Special Offerings
- Honor the values and decisions of our patients.
- Provide comfort by relieving pain and managing other complex symptoms.
- Support our patients and their families, as they address emotional, spiritual, and practical concerns through our Bereavement Services.
- Integrative Therapies include soothing practices such as guided imagery, gentle reflexology, mindfulness practice, reiki and aromatherapy. These therapies increase comfort and provide a sense of well-being.
- Through a variety of music experiences, our Music Therapy Program provides support to patients, family members, and loved ones, helping to reduce stress, improve relaxation, and decrease physical pain and discomfort.
- Through our We Honor Veterans program, we offer a Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program to match hospice volunteers who are veterans with patients who are also veterans.
Cost of Care
We work closely with health insurance plans, Medicare, CenCal (MediCal) to maximize the portion that insurance covers. Serenity House room and board is not generally covered by Medicare or insurance. If qualified, subsidized care is offered on a sliding fee scale. Our charitable mission ensures that those who cannot afford are not turned away.